Wines, Craft Beer, Accessories, Gift Baskets & Tastings!
West Shore Wine Co. Wine Shop in Cleveland
21629 Center Ridge Road, Rocky River, OH 44116 216-712-6400
Open Monday-Saturday 12 Noon - 8 pm, Closed Sunday
21629 Center Ridge Road
Rocky River, Ohio 44116
Open Mon.-Sat. 12 Noon - 8 pm
There is no easy way to share this news. It is with mixed emotions that after 12 ¾ years, and careful consideration, we have decided to give up our lease. West Shore Wine Company will be closing its doors on February 27, 2021.
In the past 12+ years, you have given us the incredible opportunity to serve you, and we thank you for that. We have met so many wonderful people and have developed amazing friendships through this business. You have invited us to celebrate countless special days with you, and we have enjoyed so many conversations about wine, life, love, travel, and many other fun subjects. We have shared your joys, delights, and frustrations as well as sorrows, and we have been honored to be a part of your lives.
We’re very proud of what we have accomplished over the years. When we began this endeavor we envisioned a small little wine shop with a tasting bar. Our objective was to provide the best value wines and customer service to the community in a friendly, low-key setting, and to help others learn about & love wine as much as we do. However, a funny thing happened along the way. We met so many wonderful people, and so many new friendships were forged (over countless glasses of wine), and we all collectively learned so much from each other. We hope that is the legacy we leave with you - lifelong friendships and a lasting love of wine, born or nourished within these 4 walls of our establishment.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for letting us be a part of your lives all these years. As we move on to the next stage of our lives, we wish you all the best and hope our paths will cross again.
Operational Logistics and timeline:
• Beginning today (February 2), we will be selling off all inventory and assets until final closing date of February 27 (or sooner if our inventory sells out). We will continue to accept and process special orders at regular retail pricing through next Monday, February 8, 2021. All special orders must be pre-paid, and picked up by Saturday, February 20, 2021.
• Our hours of operation during this time period will be:
• Sunday: Closed
• Monday – Saturday: 12 noon to 8pm
• Our wine tasting events will continue to be held for the next 3 weeks: February 4 & 6, 11 & 13, 18 & 20. All by the glass, bottle and food service will cease after February 20, 2021.
• All wine and food items will be sold at 20% off, all other accessory and gift items will be sold at 50% off (holiday items 80% off). All sales will be final and limited to in-stock inventory.
• Almost all of the fixtures, furniture, appliances, display items, glassware and table service items will be available for sale. For these items, sales will be cash only, all sales are final. Please see Pat or Ellen for an itemized list of items for sale and pricing; these items may be picked up the week of February 22-27, or after February 27 by appointment.
• The last billing for Wine Club was for February wines, which have already arrived and been processed. Any prepaid Wine Club amounts for future months will be refunded to the original form of payment. If you paid by credit card, please call or stop in to let us know which card you’d like us to use to process the refund. Also, please call or stop in to let us know if you paid by cash or check (we will refund those amounts by check).
• All Wine Club wines need to be picked up by Saturday, February 27, 2021. If certain monthly selections are out of stock we will substitute with wines of equal value.
• All Gift cards will need to be used before our last day of business, Saturday, February 27, 2021, and cannot be refunded.
Also, in accordance with state regulations & guidelines, we thank you in advance for observing our rules for on-premise consumption:
1. All Guests must make a reservation for seating (call ahead). Maximum number of customers in store is 30; maximum individual party size is 10 persons.
2. All Guests are requested to perform self-assessment for symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, and 2 of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell) and take their temperature with thermometer, PRIOR to entering the store.
3. All Guests must wear or bring a mask/facial covering with them when entering the store.
4. All Guests must maintain minimum 6 foot distance between parties.
5. Customers must remain seated while consuming food and/or beverages.
6. If any seated customers wish to shop/browse, they must put on a mask/facial covering.
7. West Shore Wine Company employees have the obligation to refuse to serve anyone not complying with these rules.
We are STILL offering curbside pickup for anyone who wants it! Please call us (216-712-6400) and we will happily take your order over the phone, process your credit card and have it bagged/boxed and ready for pick up.
Under Ohio law, we are required to take proactive measures, including designating 6-foot distances between customers, maintaining a 30 person limit on customers in the store at any time, keeping hand sanitizer & sanitizing products available, and implementing separate operating hours for vulnerable populations. Please help us follow these orders so that we all stay safe.
We have also slightly alter our hours of operation, with restrictions as follows:
Monday - Saturday: Open 12 Noon - 8:00 pm; Vulnerable population ONLY (age 60 or older & those with any compromised immunity issues) allowed in store from 12:00 Noon - 2:00 pm, please! All others may still use our curbside pickup service!
We will continue with our frequent cleaning of all high-touch surfaces in our store, and again, we request that all of our patrons follow the same vigilance and not come in to the store if you’re suspicious that you might have come in contact with an infected person, or are starting to feel any symptoms of illness.
Remember, call us at 216-712-6400 and we will put your order together.
You are an important part of our success. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing serving you! Let’s all stay vigilant and help each other stay healthy.